God's Answer, Sometimes, Is Silence


He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth.”
(Psalm 46:10)

    There have been mornings when I would wake up troubled with questions. These questions would be about that particular day, about the things in the next week or month, or even about what I may fear about ten years down the line. I run to the Lord, ask Him in prayer the same questions expecting an urgent answer from Him, and His answer, sometimes, is silence. 

    This silence from God makes me troubled. I begin to think that I am forgotten. I imagine rejection. I contemplate the future on a darker road. Everything around me seems to fade and fall. But then, finally, the realisation, the learning, the lesson. At the break of such periods of silence, I have learned that these silent phases were not preparation times needed for God, but for me! God keeps silent with His answers of promises, blessings and hopes until we realise who He is. 

    Sometimes, God's immediate answer to our urgent question is silence because He wants us to first know who He is. If you are having such silence in your life at this time of your life, I want to encourage you to first "be still" and know that our Lord from whom you are expecting the answer is "God." He will "be exalted among the nations, be exalted in the earth" (Psalm 46:10). 

    Our God is a loving God. He is a caring God, and He cares to answer each of our questions. Psalm 56:8 teaches us that our Lord keeps track of all our sorrows, He collects all our tears in His bottle and He has recorded each one in His book. Yes! God has everything remembered and He knows when to answer. But the silence from God is a time given to us to wait, be still and learn who He is. We are called to wait upon the Lord knowing well how powerful, miraculous, wonderful and worthy of our praises our Lord is. And in this deep silence of no immediate answers, we learn, minute by minute, hour by hour and day by day, how merciful and wonderful our Lord is. The Lord says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth" (Psalm 46:10). After this long and vacant period of silence the Lord will answer one day, and on that day we will understand that we have already learned who He is during this time of silence. And finally, when we receive the answers, those answers are precious to us because we know from whom it is coming. 

    Today, as we seek answers from God and as we wait upon the Lord in His moments of silence, let us be still and know that He is our God. He is powerful, able to deliver us and give us what we need. God of everlasting life is there for us and He will guide us through, He will answer at the right time. May the power and blessings of God the Father, the love and grace of Christ Jesus the Son, and the fellowship and guidance of the Holy Spirit, be with us and help us to trust Him and wait upon the Lord even in His times of silence. 

    May God bless you.

Yours in Christ,

"He Never Sleeps, He Never Slumbers"
by Don Moen
 Live Gospel Music



Global Reach of 'Weekly Devotions with Ebenezer'

Like and Follow Our Facebook Page For Regular Updates

Like and Follow Our Facebook Page For Regular Updates
Click on the picture above to reach our FB page

Popular Posts