Our Hearts Trust In Him, and He Helps Us



The Lord is my strength and my shield;
my heart trusts in him, and he helps me.
My heart leaps for joy,
and with my song I praise him.
(Psalm 28: 7)

Today was a very important and unforgettable day in my life. I am writing this devotion with a heart full of thanks and praise to the Lord our God. As you have been reading from me over the last few months, I was waiting to get home after my father's demise in November 2020. God opened the way for me to travel from London to Batticaloa, and after 16 days of travel and quarantine, I reached home on Friday, the 12th, met my mother, hugged her, poured out my heart in sorrow, had my relatives and friends waiting with my mother at home to receive me. And, this morning, I reached the place where my heart wanted to be present all these days. Together with my mother and relatives, I went to the cemetery, wept near my father's grave, cried out loud all that I kept within me unexpressed, did all that I couldn't as his son on the day of his funeral, praised the Lord for my Appa's life, sang hymns from my deepest heart, read Psalms, lit candles and realised, finally, that my heart trusts in the Lord and He helps me.

With a light heart that had been rescued from the wounds of this agony, I am writing today as a witness, as a testimony, an example to remind anyone who thinks today that things are impossible. Surely there were days over the past few months that made me fear that I may never get to return home; yes the fear peaked to that extent. But every time, I was reminded that I was trusting in nothing else but the Lord. Today, on this day, when God has helped me to start recovering from the hardest experience of my life, I want to remind you of this truth, which is true in your life too. My heart trusted in the Lord, and He helped me. The Lord opened the ways for me which were not possible on my own. The Lord listened to my every cry, saw my tears, felt my agony, and more than anything else, He saw my trust in Him. And today He has answered. He has helped me. 

This is the little message I want to share. Psalm 28: 7 says, "The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him." From whatever I am feeling since this morning, I can tell you that the long wait has been hard. It broke me. It shattered me. I felt stranded on an island with no ways to get to the destined shore. But, I can tell you, that I never lost my trust in the Lord our God. The name Jesus was always there before me. The Holy Spirit was always helping me to trust Him more. And today, it was only and solely God's wonderful way of helping me that brought me this far. I know this hard past and the experience I have come through will take much time to recover from this agony, but I still trust in the Lord. I know He will help me to stand up again. 

On this day, I pray, that even if you are going through the same in your life, you will see God's help at the end of this hard journey. I want to encourage you to continue to trust in the Lord, and want to assure you, that when you wait for the Lord, He will help you. The Lord will help you overcome what you are going through. 

May the power and the blessings of God the Father, the love and grace of Christ Jesus the Son and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with each and every one of us, as we continue to trust in the Lord, even in the hardest and darkest days of our life and see His wonderful help. 

May God bless you.

Yours in Christ,








We have a group on Facebook!
Click on the picture to join.




Global Reach of 'Weekly Devotions with Ebenezer'

Like and Follow Our Facebook Page For Regular Updates

Like and Follow Our Facebook Page For Regular Updates
Click on the picture above to reach our FB page

Popular Posts