God is Listening to You



Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 
You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 
(Jeremiah 29: 12, 13)

I have been praying for something for more than a year and have been patiently waiting for God to open a miraculous way as an answer to my prayer. The prayer is not answered yet, but I know that the Lord is listening to my prayers and his ears are set to listen to the whispers of my heart. Surely His plans are there for me to prosper. Surely the Lord, our God, will answer when His right time comes in my life. All that I need to do is to continue seeking the Lord, and I will find Him only if I seek Him with all my heart!

Sometimes, after praying for a long period of time, and when we do not even see the clue of the answer we have been waiting for, we become tired. We even begin to doubt and ask "am I heard at all? Is God listening to my prayers?" It is so common amongst us because we are human beings. We have our own frailties. We are weak and delicate; so fragile that we could be crushed easily. And it is in such times of questions and doubts that we need to turn to the Bible where we find assured words of God that remind us of whom we trust in. We worship a listening God. We serve a living and listening Saviour. 

I learned two important lessons about 'being heard' from the verse we have taken for today's devotion. The first lesson consists of three important actions - calling, coming, praying. Jeremiah 29: 12 says, "Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you." Look at those words in bold letters in that verse. We are invited by our caring and faithful God to call on Him, come into His presence and express ourselves through prayer, and God promises to listen to us. Next time when you feel that you are far away from the intimate conversations with God, remember that you have to call on His name, come into His presence and acknowledge it, and express yourself with an open heart before the Lord in prayer. The Lord will listen to you for He has promised to do so. He has said "I will listen to you" (Jeremiah 29:12b).

The second lesson I learned from this verse is that, we are invited to seek God with all our heart. God promises in Jeremiah 29:13 by saying, "You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." Amen! We must call on Him, come into His presence, pray to Him, while seeking God with all our heart; with all that is within us; with all that we have; with our whole effort; with everything we could offer. And only then could we find Him in the midst of our 'not yet answered' and 'unanswered prayers.' The day we realise that we have the Almighty God with us we do not need to worry about the rest. When we call on the Lord, come to Him and pray to Him, while seeking Him with all our heart, we will have the assurance that God has listened to our prayer and He will answer in His time. 

Today, be assured of the Lord's promise of listening to you. Our Heavenly Father is listening to our every prayer, whisper and the cries in our deepest hearts. All that we need to do is to call, come and pray, while seeking with all our heart. Surely the answer is on its way. The timely answer will be a blessing that will change our lives and the lives of everyone around us. May the power and blessings of God the Father, the love and grace of Christ Jesus the Son, and the fellowship and guidance of the Holy Spirit be with us and guide us as we continue to seek God, fully assured and knowing that He is listening to us.

May God bless you.

Yours in Christ,






Global Reach of 'Weekly Devotions with Ebenezer'

Like and Follow Our Facebook Page For Regular Updates

Like and Follow Our Facebook Page For Regular Updates
Click on the picture above to reach our FB page

Popular Posts