The Unchanging God in Our Lives




Hebrews 13:8
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

If we look back three years from where we are today, many of us may end up in huge realisations. The people, things and situations around us may be different. The pandemic would have radically changed our perspectives on social life and lifestyle. Our surroundings and aims may have had a twist and a turn, and today, we may be in a changed position. We are mortal human beings, and change is inevitable. But our mortal existence gets the assurance of eternity through an unchanging God. 

As a believer in Christ Jesus, one of the promises I always find to be a foundation of my faith is the assurance that Christ is unchanging! Hebrews 13:8 teaches us of a promise of an eternity, something that extends beyond the beginning and the end of human life. Christ is the same, and He does not change. "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever." He has been the same in our past, He is the same in our present, and He will be the same in our future too!

I remember some of the important moments when I had run to the Lord, fell at His feet, cried and prayed for things that I asked for an answer in the last few years. The things that I asked for were different because they changed according to my age and my needs. The number of people I pray for keeps increasing as I make new friends and more experiences and prayer requests are shared. The geographical locations and the places from which I have prayed have been changing over the last few decades. But the only thing that remained the same was to whom I was praying, with whom I was discussing things, and from whom I was asking for answers and solutions. It was always the unchanging God. And today, I can assure you that my life is what it is because of the unchanging God. Despite failures and falls, sins and mistakes, losses and vulnerabilities, wavering from the right path and running away from the fellowship, I could always get back on track and move beyond because Christ Jesus was the same in my life. 

Today, as we read and understand the greatness and assurance in God's word, let us remind ourselves that we have an unchanging God who takes care of us. We have a saviour Christ Jesus who "is the same yesterday and today and forever." The situations, surroundings, people and things may change. Sometimes, even the people and things we thought were our foundations may change. But the Lord, our God, is an Unchanging One, and He is there beside us always to lead us. Let us be faithful to Him and serve Him with all our hearts, minds and body.

May the blessings of God the Father, the love and grace of Christ Jesus the Son, and the fellowship and guidance of the Holy Spirit be with us always, as we trust and move further in our faith. 

May God bless you.

Yours in Christ,




"Faithful One"
by Vineyard Worship, featuring Bernie Ditima




Global Reach of 'Weekly Devotions with Ebenezer'

Like and Follow Our Facebook Page For Regular Updates

Like and Follow Our Facebook Page For Regular Updates
Click on the picture above to reach our FB page

Popular Posts